Demolition & Dismantling
Big, Tough, Technical – We Demo, Retrofit & Remediate Them All!
Midwest Work Ethic.
Midwest Client Relationships.
Midwest Excavation Group LLC. is a company owned by Brad Lubahn, who places safety, customer value and tight deadlines above profit. We are confident that our team of skilled laborers and operators can handle all your commercial and industrial needs.
Commercial and industrial site development is our specialty, offering total demolition, selective demolition, contaminated soil removal, complete site excavation, land balancing, parking lot construction, earth retention and site utilities. We specialize in the small- to mid-size project range from $20,000 to $2,000,000 per project. Our office trailer is usually on site which provides us with quality control of our services.
Our home-base is now Grand Rapids, MI. From this central location we can easily service all of Michigan, including Detroit and the Upper Peninsula. Midwest Excavation Group LLC. is truly blessed to call greater Grand Rapids and the shoreline communities our home base of business. Let us not forget Holland’s Lake Michigan community as well, beautiful sunsets on the boat, fabulous breeze for those hot summer days working and place of eventual retirement.
Call For a Quote:
Letter from owner
Brad’s first bulldozer; purchased while still in highschool.
2010 Christmas photo.
1995 photo with daughter Coty, and first new company truck.
Big, Tough, Technical – We Demo, Excavate, Retrofit & Remediate Them All!
Striving and Succeeding to be amongst the Best of the Best.
Building a commercial and industrial demolition, environmental sitework and excavating site preparation company takes grit, stamina, knowledge, and perseverance, as well as a commitment to be strong in your faith and to have a good working relationship with your customers and vendors.
I’m committed to dig deeper, match employees to their best fit and to mentor the younger ones into the next generation and to embrace technology. We must commit ourselves to safety, quality and hitting schedules every time, always. Our company reputation is to get the work done on time, so others can follow up behind us to complete their jobsite milestones. We strive to be team players with our clients and their sub-contractors.
The values by which Midwest Excavation Group LLC. does business can be seen through the high level of quality in our work. We expect to earn your business and will work hard to do so by working with your team to provide a successful completion to your project.
Whether it’s a $20,000 job or a $2 million demolition, excavating or an environmental site cleanup, every job is important to us if it has our name on it. Feel free to give me a call and I will be glad to sit down with a cup of coffee with your company to discuss a working partnership.
Committed to Safety
At Midwest Excavation Group LLC., safety first is our primary objective. We are committed as a team to have zero incidents. We ingrain safety into our culture.
We use a robust training program, provide quality Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and a Stop Work Authority Program that empowers every employee to shut down an activity they believe presents a hazard.
A site specific safety program is developed and provided for each project, which includes safeguards to prevent incidents and guidance on addressing unforeseen hazards.
Safety applies not only to our personnel, but to Midwest Excavation Group LLC. equipment fleet, as well. Strict maintenance schedules, equipment replacement policies and dealership support ensure that our heavy equipment and power tools operate safely when it is put to use on a jobsite.
Safety Training Annually
- Trench Safety
- Confined Space Training
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER
- 30 Hour OSHA
- 10 Hour OSHA
- Asbestos Supervisor
- Respiratory Protection Awareness
- Respirable Crystalline Silica
- First Aid, CPR, AED
- In addition, we prioritize bringing our family of employees home to their families
- Random drug testing
- Personal Protective Gear (PPG)
- OSHA compliance documentation and reporting
On-Site Field Safety Operations
- Daily equipment safety checklist
- Job hazard site analysis
- Jobsite specific safety plan
- Pre-dig safety excavation/demolition checklist
Hours of Safety Training Annually
Experienced Modification Rate (EMR)
Our Team Formula Longevity and A Successful Business Plan
- Always put SAFETY FIRST.
- Always, each and every day, provide the best product.
- Always be dependable.
- Always meet the milestone schedule.
- Always be within project budget.
- Always respect our clients and their subcontractor needs.
- Always encourage team members to achieve greatness.
- Always keep our Midwestern Business Values.
- Always keep our Midwestern Work Ethic.
Work for us
Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, we are a multifaceted sitework contractor providing demolition, environmental abetment and excavating site development service.
As a family owned and operated demolition, excavating and environmental sitework company our work is focused on serving all of Michigan, including Detroit and the Upper Peninsula.
Midwest Excavation Group LLC. is committed to safety, client relationship and best practices.
- Abide by company, state and federal safety regulations.
- Adapt to weather conditions and work in cold and hot weather.
- Maintain a safe worksite.
- Be motivated to work productive.
- Read blue prints, operate compact and heavy equipment.
- Able to operate hand tools.
- 10-hour OSHA training (Will Provide)
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Training (Will Provide)
- Asbestos Training
- Able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs
- Ability to wear respirators, as needed
- Able to pass a physical, drug screen and background check
- Midwest Demolition and Excavation is an Equal opportunity Employer and drug free workplace.
Pay & Benefits
Pay: $16-25.00 per hour
- Health savings account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Pay
Work location: On the road